November 28th : STUMEET @ Polyball – Weltenbummler
Dear Students from UZH, ETH and other Polyball fans: On the 28th November the Polyball 2015 is taking place at ETH (Rämistrasse 101). At 19 o’clock they will open the prom and you can start enjoying this unforgettable and dreamlike night.
To help you prepare for one of the greatest student event in 2015, we’ll provide you some worth knowing information so you can get ready for this special evening!
How to dance?
Want to enjoy this wonderful night with you partner or friend, but you have no idea how to dance? Want to learn some of the essential dancing steps to impress your lady or boy or to stand out as the best couple? Then we’ve got the perfect solution for you:
TQ (Tanzquotient Zürich) is gving a Crash-Course on Monday 23rd to get ready for your dancing shoes, and it is for free! Just come to the Alumni Pavillon (GEP). The course wil start at 20.30 and will be finished at 22.00. You can come alone or with your partner and learn about the most important dancing steps for the “Polyball-Standard-Dances”.
TQ will make a real dancer our of you!
Recommended dresscode for the course: Comfortable clothes, possibly your Polyball-Shoes to already get the real feeling for the Polyball 😉
Knigge: How to be a Gentleman?
A real Gentleman knows much more than simple dancing steps. He has to know how to ask a lady for a dance, how to behave within and after the dance, and more… Here’s some advice for you:
- Show some “Charme”: Smoking and having the hands in your pockets may be cool, but it is not the way you ask a lady for a dance. A Gentleman must be much more than just Daddy-Cool!
- Head to the left side: When dancing with your lady you should have your head looking to the left side, and she should have hers inclined to the right side. One reason is, that like this both can perfectly see one side of the room and you won’t crash into other dancing couples, another reason is: Your breath shouldn’t surge into the face of your partner (This is a general advice, but also good to know for people with bad breath)
- When the lady accidentally steps on your feet: You should take the blame on you and tell her that it was your fault. Real Gentleman always make her lady feel good.
- You shouldn’t talk while dancing: There are lots of other moments to do so, put your attention on your feet and on your partner, stay focused and enjoy the special moment.
To know more: “Tanz Knigge” by Christoph Sauer (Gentleman Blog)
- Dresscode: Elegant evening-dresscode, standard: Evening dress for LADIES, suit or tailcoat for GENTLEMAN.
People dressed with jeans or sneakers must stay out.
- Start: 19.00, End: 5.00
- How to get to ETH:
– By Tram 6 or 10 from Zürich HB to ETH/Universitätsspital. Special tip Nr. 1: Your ticket for Polyball is also valid as a Ticket for ZVV zone 110, so no need to buy an extra ticket for your Train- and Tram-ride.
– By car: The parking @ University Irchel is for free up to 18 o’clock, from Irchel a Shuttlebus will bring you safe to the prom and also back to Irchel afterwards.
- Get your ticket before Polyball: Normal price: 89 CHF, for Students: 59 CHF. Special tip Nr. 2: For whom wants to get a spontaneous ticket on the Polyball evening itself: 5 CHF in addition to the normal price (cashpoint opened till 2.30)
We hope you’re now ready for the best Polyball experience ever!!!
See you there!